Saturday, March 11, 2017

Proficiency Wall


I think that being aware of the proficiency levels allows us to guide our students in their growth. It's our job to know what those descriptors are (which in itself can be convoluted when you start analyzing samples of their work) and to know what students should be focusing on to go to the next level.


And....students need to know the jargon also.  They need to hear it, see it, be aware of what they can truly work on in order to improve.  So I have a proficiency wall that I display.  I teach grades 11 and 12 so I want them to see lots of pieces...but maybe your students need to see less.
Either way, I'm sharing my grid (which is kind of like my key...see below) and my blown-up version so you can print out your own or save and modify.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment