Thursday, August 10, 2017

Curriculum

I'm so excited about our unit changes!  We've been making changes to Lead with Culture....because
it's compelling content for the students.  Annnnddd....there's so many #authres that we get A LOT of materials to build around and upon.



So, here's the plan:


Spanish 3 (this is a new prep for me!)
  1. Stories
  2. Viva el Toro / Bullfighting
  3. Musica & Baile
  4. Salud (problems/solutions)
  5. Rainforest (hoping for $$ for Robo en La Noche)
  6. Telenovelas
  7. Arte

Spanish 4
  1. Amistades  
  2. La Llorona de Mazatlan (thank you, NYSAFLT, for the $$ I won!!!!!)
  3. Machismo
  4. Heroes / Superheroes (Lucha Libre)
  5. Guerra Civil de El Salvador
  6. Vida y Muerte en la Mara SalvaTrucha


Spanish 5
I have adapted my units to support the textbook that my college course requires.
(in parentheses I'll share my main driving content or #authres)

  1. Soy Yo (Pelo Malo, the song Soy Yo and Frida Kahlo)
  2. Tradiciones Familiares (Day of the Dead)
  3. Comunidad (pobreza, personas sin techo, cancion: La Historia de Juan, macromural)
  4.  El Valor de la Idea (arte: Guernica, pelicula: In the Time of the Butterflies, desaparecidos, Las Madres de la Plaza de Mayo, corto: El Ojo en La Nuca)
  5. Las Riquezas Naturales de Colombia (Juanes, minas piedras, Living on a Dollar)
  6. Inmigracion (peli: De Nadie, soooo many songs, peli: La Misma Luna)
  7. Esperanza (I know this is a super easy read, but my goal is that they independently read and culminate in a book discussion which I'll evaluate as their interpersonal speaking)

No comments:

Post a Comment