Thursday, July 26, 2018

Frequent Feedback #3

Self-Reflection
Students need to take time to do some self-reflection, goal setting and self-analysis.  Probably one of my number one additions this past year came after #ACTFL17 where I heard multiple speakers say that they have their students record themselves and then scribe it.  It didn't wow me at first and I really thought the students would despise it...but I was wrong.  Well, some students despise it, but many tell me they glean insight from it. So Alyssa Villareal @Villarreal6585 was so very kind to lead me to the Shelby County Schools' website (being updated here) that has sooo much that they share and I was able to get their transcription document.   I actually plan to make an interpersonal and a presentational form but one thing at a time!  I use flipgrid for this.  
1. Students record themselves (I'm working on asking them to respond to 3 prompts to show them the need to SUSTAIN their performance)
2. Students transcribe their performance....all the uuummms....pauses and reformulations.  
3. Students self-evaluate based on the descriptors...using evidence! 
4. Students set a goal
5. Students re-record and submit.


No comments:

Post a Comment